Designed to provide a space for our entire Jewish community to gather, our Federation includes:
- A large community room for gatherings and educational programs
- A Kosher kitchen supervised by Shaya Gold, Mashgiach, and Samara Gold, Kitchen Manager, which provides Kosher food for Federation programming
- A spacious atrium gallery that hosts temporary art exhibits by local and international artists
- A youth activity room to provide creative space for our Camp Ideal and youth programming
- A multimedia lending library with a focus on Jewish themed texts and films, and lounge area with comfortable chairs and game tables for cards, mahjongg, and many other activities.
- Meeting spaces for small and large groups
- We host the business office of the Hebrew Orthodox Cemetary as well as archives and offices for the Michiana Jewish Historical Society.
- Our campus also includes a large outdoor recreation area, which is home to our Holocaust Memorial, gardens, playground, picnic shelter, basketball court, gaga pit, tennis court, fenced baseball/athletic field, and sand volleyball pit for games and sports as well as benches all in a park-like atmosphere.
Please note the Michiana Jewish Historical Society and Hebrew Orthodox Cemetery Association do not keep regular office hours. Please contact them directly to set up a time to meet with them.
Key Features of Our Facility
There’s a lot for us to offer the local Jewish Community, here area few points we’d like to note.
Our community room houses most of our Community events, from Adult Ed, to Concerts, SaBaBaH Lock-Ins, and Lunch 'n' Learns. With two partitions, the room can be used for small functions or large functions with 100+ attendees.
Our multimedia lending library offers books and DVDs for community use. With both historical and fictional topics, our Jewish themed selection offers something for everyone. This space is also used for small group meetings such as PJ Library story time and book club.
The Youth Lounge is an open space with large windows allowing for natural light and wonderful views of the grounds and wildlife. Decorated with murals painted by our Camp Ideal campers and staff, the lounge provides a play area for babies, and child care during major events.
We offer kosher foods for many Federation events, prepared right in our own kitchen. The Kosher Kitchen is run under the supervision of Shaya Gold.
Bankoff Atrium Gallery
The Jewish Federation invites local artists to display their art and photography in the Jewish Federation Atrium Gallery.
M - Th: 9:00am - 5:00pm
F: 9:00am - 5:00pm Daylight Savings Time / 9:00am - 3:00pm Standard Time
Sun & Sat: Closed except by special appointment.
For more information