In addition to a focus on Annual Reports and Board Instillations, the Jewish Federation’s Annual Meeting provides an opportunity for our members to join as a community to recap the year’s achievements.
Our Annual Meeting Highlights Traditionally Include:
- Donor Recognition
- Presentation of the Craig and Carol Kapson Scholarship Fund, the Lilian and Harvey Roland Scholarship, and the Neil and Leah Silver Advanced Degree Scholarship.
- Leadership Recognition and Presentation of the Betty and Sam Schpok Spirit of Federation Award and the Robert Simon Leadership Development Award
- Recognition of Outgoing Board of Directors Members
- Election of Officers and Board of Directors
In addition, the community invites a speaker for the Bernard H. Natkow Community Lecture or schedules a performance by various types of entertainers through the Craig and Carol Kapson Cultural Arts Fund.
Our past Annual Meetings have hosted:
- Jerry Silverman, President and CEO of Jewish Federations of North America, presented Dream the Impossible Dream
- Andrew Berlin, owner of the South Bend Cubs, presented The Business of Making Memories
- Susan Stone, Author and Folklorist, presented Telling Our Story, the Role Stories Play in Jewish Tradition
- The Cat’s Pajamas, an acappella group, presented by the Carol and Craig Kapson Cultural Arts Fund
- Bethamie Horowitz, Research Assistant Professor of Jewish Education at NYU, presented A Portrait of Jewish Americans: What Did the Pew Study Really Say?