Creativity Arts & Crafts Fair
Since 2015 the Federation has hosted the Annual Creativity Arts & Crafts Fair. A variety of vendors and artists (professional and amateur) join us every November to sell their goods and unique gifts. The next Creative Arts & Crafts Fair will be November 5, 2017.
Past booths have included:
- Wood Furniture
- Soaps & Lotions
- Needle Arts
- Representatives from the synagogues’ gift shops
- Our Annual Used Books Sale
And much more!
Food is available for purchase. For more information on our Creativity Arts & Crafts Fair
Art Exhibits and Receptions
Shortly after the dedication of the Kurt & Tessye Simon Community Building, our Federation began a tradition of providing space for local and national artists of various mediums and professional levels to display their artistic works. With space in our atrium and community room specifically designed for displaying art, we rotate exhibits throughout the year (typically bi-Monthly), and host opening receptions for each show as an opportunity to speak with the artists. Many times the art is available for purchase.
The following exhibits have been among those displayed at the Jewish Federation:
- The Northern Indiana Pastel Society
- Fire Arts Studio
- The American Jewish Artist Club
- Indiana Women’s Caucus for Art
- Community exhibits with pieces from various artists from our Jewish community
- Harry Coffman: A Retrospective
- The Peoples of the Western Galilee Partnership2Gether Photography Exhibit
- The Works of Segura Arts Studios
The Michiana Jewish Film Festival
Since 2011 the Michiana Jewish Film Festival (MJFF) has been a successful partnership between the DeBartolo Performing Arts Center (DPAC) at the University of Notre Dame and the Jewish Federation which brings superb, and sometimes cutting edge and controversial, Jewish-themed cinema to the greater Michiana community. Through a variety of films ranging from documentary to narrative, drama to comedy, and American to international, we provide a cinematic experience with the hopes of entertaining while opening a dialogue into the realities that affect the Jewish people and their communities worldwide. For more information visit our Michiana Jewish Film Festival page
In addition to artistic events we host, we thrive to infuse artistic themes and events into all other areas of our programming.
Some examples of these are:
- Dor Chadash (Young Adults) Nights Out at the South Bend Symphony
- Dor Chadash Wine & Canvas
- Regular arts and crafts projects at Camp Ideal
- Art classes offered through our Forever Learning Institute
- Opportunities for BBYO to attend the Jewish Film Festival as a group
- Joint Partnership2Gether artist focused missions/conferences
- 2018 Community Trip to Israel with a focus on Arts & Cuisine
- Local musicians providing entertainment for our Community Lunch program